The PlayStation continues to hold itself high and above as what is arguably the best console out there. The PlayStation 2 has the distinct honor of being the best selling console of all time and the third installment of the PlayStation has impressed many with its new features and upgrades. Together, they have provided one of the best consoles for gaming in 2010. There are many games that were released for the PlayStation consoles in 2010 and they were mainly good. The best five of the year on the consoles were:
1. MLB 10 The Show: For a Sony game, this game really did exceed expectations. This game came out for both the PlayStation 2 and the 3rd version of the PlayStation. One disappointing aspect that was made in the PS2 version was the non inclusion of an online mode. However, the PS3 mode had online, a new and intriguing catcher system allowing the catcher to call the game, and a more detailed Road to the Show function than ever.
2. God of War 3 – This game is a game that all of the fans from the last installment could not wait for. While God of War 2 was a great game, the third version brings Kratos and all kinds of different adventures one leads him through many interactive levels.
3. NBA Live 2010: With Orlando Magic Center Dwight Howard heading the cover, this game did a lot of good work with the fans. It was an instant hit. The updated rosters, the smooth game play, and the interactive online leagues made it a keepsake for all basketball fans and a much better investment than the similar NBA 2k10 which featured Kobe Bryant on the cover.
4. Final Fantasy XII – Another superb Square Enix Production, this game will brighten the hearts of all Final Fantasy fans as it is another great version of the always popular Final Fantasy series which dates back to the very first PlayStation.
5. Grand Turismo 5 – As a racing game, it really doesn’t get any better. Loaded with the best graphics out there and a quick, clear cur succinct driving system, Grand Turismo is sure to make heads turn. There are many different cars to choose from and over a thousand tracks. Each track provides different scenery and view as the racer gets a feel of the different venues that racing has to offer.
Though this list is just five of the best games to come out for the PS3 and, for some the PS2, there are so many other games that are worthy of being played. While the PS3 continues to be rivals with the XBOX 360, it finds a way to achieve the upper hand through hi==its great interface and preferred online method. The deep inventory of games from the PlayStation venues never ceases to amaze and hardly disappoint. These games can make a person buy a console, especially even if they haven’t laid hands on one before. As far as PlayStation games go for the PS3 and PS2, those are the best for 2010 and it foreshadows bigger and brighter things the following year.